Monday, January 2, 2012

Here's to a Strong 2012!

Happy New Year! 

So I decided to do another competition. It's not really a New Year's resolution since I actually started competition prep a couple of weeks ago. I kind of wish it was a NY resolution, because dieting through the holidays with family sucks. Not only is there a lot of delicious homemade food but everyone wants to go out to eat. Overall, though, I survived.

The holidays were also pretty darn crazy so I didn't get much time to post. I'm still working on sending out Christmas cards. It's cool, we're only on the 9th day of Christmas and Ukrainian Christmas is Jan. 7th so I figure I've got a few more days. :P But, I'm back to posting because it keeps me accountable! 

I'm really excited for this competition. The first one I did for the experience; this time I want to see just how far I can go. I have a fantastic trainer and I already have been making strength gains and getting smaller. It really helps to have a deadline for fitness goals - I see results faster when I am committed to a deadline - I do believe it has something to do with how committed you are to self-control. 

The tricky part this time is my husband is home (yay!). The only upside of a deployment is I only had to worry about cooking for me and stocking the house with only the food I could eat. This go-around I have to also worry about a hungry man who is interested in eating more than chicken and oatmeal all the time. I spent two hours in the grocery store trying to find him food that he would want and I wouldn't. This resulted in a lot of beef jerky, sandwich meat, bread, milk, and spaghetti-o's.  Sweet stuff wreaks is kryptonite for my willpower so it's best not to have it in the house. I really appreciate how supportive he is. He even helped me grill my chicken breasts and zucchini.

Best wishes to you and yours in the new year! Big goals, big dreams! 


No comments:

Post a Comment