Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chicken Soup for the Figure Soul

I competed in my second show! Yay! And I did better than my first show! Double yay!!!

I felt more confident this go-around, even though my hubby said he could see me shaking from the audience, which isn't a good thing when you're being judged. But oh well. Get on stage in a bikini and a Doritos-tan and try not to shake.

Speaking of tan, I had a much better one this time too. I used Aglow Tanning at the recommendation of my trainer and they did an amazing job with my hair, makeup, and tan. I felt like a princess...in a rhinestone bikini and 5" heels.

After this show, we hit up the Cheesecake Factory. I went straight to the pasta page on the menu. It was delicious, and yet after months of eating food with very little oil and no pasta, my stomach wasn't too happy with me. Or so I thought.

We went to Denny's the next morning. But as much as my mind wanted to eat, my tummy couldn't finish. By the time we got in the car I was aching all over. I was thinking it was maybe a result of dehydration (when you're used to 1+ gallons of water a day cutting that down for the show is rough). We had a two hour drive home, and it was a really good thing my hubby was driving, because I apparently fell asleep for most of it. And then when I got home (at 3pm in the afternoon) I went straight to bed. And stayed there for the next two days with a fever and chills and all that good stuff.

So though I had plans to eat every recipe I'd saved to Pinterest, all I ate for 2 days was chicken noodle soup. Holy sodium. I ended up at urgent care and diagnosed with a nasty virus that is going around (and has taken out everyone at work). I am just now feeling normal. It also made me WEAK. I'm just now getting back to lifting what I was before the show, and even then it's a struggle.

So that was my "cheat week." Lots of sleep and soup and now I'm back on a maintenance diet and lots of water and Vitamin C...and in about 4 weeks I'll be back on a contest prep plan.

Stay healthy, my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment