Thursday, March 8, 2012

Figuratively Speaking...

...it's showtime again!

Amazing, how slowly the time will pass when all you want is Peanut M&Ms...yet how quickly time passes when you have to get on stage in a bikini again! Eek!

Building a competitive physique takes time; lots of steady, small consistent improvements that pretty much go unnoticed on a day to day basis.

I'm freaking out about getting on stage again. But excited too - it's not the big unknown anymore.

That said, I was getting cold feet tonight. Not feeling ready. Feeling tired and thirsty and nervous.

Then Erin Stern (who is one of the top figure competitors in the world) posted her own before and after photos. It took her 8 years to get there; I shouldn't feel bad about not getting there in 3 months.

So I took some photos in my suit. (I'm not going to post them because I'm so pale I'll blind you. I definitely need like 3 coats of spray tan, as horrible as that whole tanning process is.) I then cropped them next to the photos from my last show.

Miracle of miracles....I'm no longer a "pear!" I am now in size small on the top AND the bottom! I'm down another ten lbs from the last show (I'm a little worried bc my suit bottoms are a little big now but better than too small...thank goodness for Bikini Bite). I can do shoulder presses with 30 lb dumbbells, which is double what I was doing in November. And I know the spray tan makes a world of difference too...so I can't wait to see these show pictures.

And I am so appreciative of all the support from my friends and family and my amazing trainer Patricia. :) Especially to my hubby who has tolerated the smell of fish cooking every week and my recent lack of time for housework. I owe him a trip to Texas Roadhouse.

So however this competition goes, I feel like I already won something. :)

And I intend to keep on going and keep on getting better- next show is in July! And I want a trophy! (But first I'll make time for some Peanut M&Ms).

One day, one decision at a time...go figure. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment