Friday, November 11, 2011

How to Be Amazing...step one

11/11/11...the 93rd anniversary of the end of WWI. Armistice Day, Remembrance Day, Veteran's Day. Thank you to those who have served, past and present. I cannot wait to see my hubby again. I teared up at every picture I saw online today.

This week has been a blur. Having to cut water the day before and of the show definitely did a number on me...I've been so sleepy all week. I was expecting cravings after being allowed to eat carbs for a few days...but I was not expecting to be so darned tired. Combine that with chilly fall weather and I have been dragging myself out of bed just to jog the dog a mile...forget my usual long morning cardio session.

But having a break has been good, both mentally and physically. I hit the gym for legs tonight and was able to go up increase my weight on all my exercises. I'll be waddling tomorrow at kickboxing. The trick is making sure a "break" doesn't turn into a long sabbatical. So it's back to the gym, back to the diet, back to the blog! Consistency and accountability!

And in other news, 2012 is creeping up on us! Which means another chance for New Year's resolutions! Well if you wait till January 1st you're already behind. So I ordered Chalene Johnson's new ebook, Push Jump Start, which was just released today. She's following it up with a hard copy book in December. But for the next 30 days each "chapter" in this ebook has a life homework assignment to set and achieve your goals. It's an expanded version of the short goal program I did last January...which got me in the best shape of my life.

Because, as the picture says, Amazing People Do Not Just Happen! 

First assignment is brainstorming and deciding your life priorities, because if you don't know your priorities, how can you decide what your goals are going to be? Your priorities are your values, your principles, what you want people to remember you for. Off to work! I encourage you to do the same. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment