Sunday, November 27, 2011

In Search of New Awesome Pants

I don't mind getting in better shape, and that muscles actually make you smaller...but I am down to one pair of jeans that will stay up on their own free will. It makes it very hard to put on your awesome pants when you don't have any.

So I went on a mission to find a new pair of awesome pants.

The challenge: dark denim, no saggy bottom, no pancake butts, no unfortunate wrinkles, not overly tight but tight enough to work with my (17 pairs of (I might have a problem)) boots, no holes (work appropriate), waist height appropriate, survive the sit/squat/bend-over test, loose enough on my thighs but tight enough at my waist, and good quality.

I failed miserably.

I am completely bamboozled by womens' pants sizing. Some size 6s were too big and some 8s to small. I tried juniors and misses, stretch and non-stretch, bootcut and skinny. You'd think being a smaller size would mean shopping for clothes is more fun... but it was an exhausting and frustrating experience.  

There was also an unfortunate incident in one dressing room where the "skinny" part of the skinny jeans got stuck on my calf muscle. It's a good thing I do yoga because that took some serious effort to get off. I was worried I'd have to hobble out with a pair of jeans around my calves and ask for help...or scissors. Yet ironically that pair looked good on the upper half of my legs. So apparently you can have quads but not calves.

I have tried on 35 pairs of jeans in the last week. I bought one pair. It was #25 of the Great Jeans Try-On of 2011. I wore that pair today, and I'm irked because by the end of the day they had stretched out and I had to walk around the store holding them up with my thumbs in the belt loops!!! The whole point of getting new jeans was to get a pair that wouldn't fall off. Erg.

If I had more pumpkin pie I would eat it to curb my frustration. And make my old awesome pants fit. But I don't and I won't. And I won't give up just yet...after all, there are 17 pairs of boots in my closet that need wearing...

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaaaand THIS is why I wear dresses all the time. I honestly have one pair of jeans that I can wear... except they have holes in them. So... Julie = dresses. All the freaking time.

    ReplyDelete